Thursday, March 16, 2006

Purposeful Living?

Reading a book recently and was caught up with this question of Purposeful Living...
O, and anyway, apologies for the long silence... been quite busy with my new job and without trying to work too hard at home, didn't really have time to write... but progress have been good so far, lots of leads and like mentioned earlier, friends in customers arena have been helping and opening up themselves to me, so things are going great...

... which brings me to another thought... having friends in "high places" sometimes does help doesn't it? I mean, when was the last time you wish you could get out of a tight situation and having friends in high places helped? Well, many years ago, I did... I was rushing for a training program in Singapore but being young and new in the working world, I didn't have a passport at all... we had like, 2 days before I am suppose to fly to SG. During those days, mind you, to get a passport takes a couple of weeks... what I did was, I went to see my Chairman who is some Datuk and with his signature, we jumped all the queues and got my passport within the same day! Talking about having friends in high places....

Well, sometimes, I do come across difficult situations, very difficult ones, and I do call upon my Friend in high places (literally) and things eventually worked its way into what is best for me! Basically, it gets done... want to know more, send me a note...

Anyway, back to purposeful living... ever wonder why we are here on earth? What happens after we die? Do we disappear *poof* and totally cease to exist? Do we hang around like those ghost stories we see and probably fly back to our loved ones and try to touch them, push a coin up the door to proof to them we are around them, imagining doing pottery with them, etc? Or is there more to life than this? I will leave you with these thoughts today...

9 minutes of fun, 9 months of weight
Probably 9 hours of pain, they all said
A new life is born into this world of serenity
Where whatever will be, will be, will be
60 years of life where we work and toil
Then we are all gone, back into the soil
We come back again, some believe
Or do we really as many perceive....

(to be continued...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home