Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Blurry... but smiling!

Well, its been a couple of weeks since my last post... got to apologise to myself for failing to even talk to myself, sigh... super duper busy with tenders, management papers, reports, service level agreements, audit and more! You know, sometimes I think they are all related to one another, cause they all like to visit you all at once!

Anyway, been really busy due to year end coming up, and figures are not enough, when are they ever enough actually... but at least things are looking good... we do have a couple of proposals that has gone in of which we really have a chance of securing the job - well, that's better than busy doing nothing, right?

These couple of months, in the midst of all these busy-ness, I actually learnt that you need to find space for yourself to de-stress; yuppidiyup... space! And most of the time, alone! And doing what you like most; otherwise, you will fall deep into stress, and then depression, and God knows what else... Me, I go for my lunch alone followed by a short spell of Daytonas, Initial-D and Time Crisis 4; or read my newspaper in the early morning at the market with my "teh-si-ping" and half boiled eggs!

On top of that, I learn to be happy - You see, many years ago, I found out that there's one type of medicine that surpasses all medicines I have ever seen... and after taking this particular medicine, I became one of those very few people in the company that gets 100% attendance award (I got them 3 years in a row while at school too) and "zero" MC award.

What medicine? Well, its call, Shifting Mechanism of the Inner Ligamens Energies, S.M.I.L.E. - nah, no big deal... its just smile! Being happy... Looking at things from a bright perspective all the time; there's never a situation where there's no hope, there's always hope, there's always a way...

I remember one time during Christmas when my family and I were frantically looking for a parking space in Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall, we finally found one, and was waiting for the car to come out....there was an approaching car opposite that came and then stopped very near to my car since it cannot pass through... however, since it came so close, it was difficult for me to move into the parking space; and that guy doesn't want to budge an inch!

I took a deep breath and told myself to cool down, and made a few reverses and forwards before I finally got in... I could see that guy's face was furious cause I too, refused to let him pass first! Finally, I parked my car, he passed by and said something not so nice (can't really remember what was that)... while we were walking to the entrance of the mall, his car passed by again, I waved at him and when he wind down his window, I told him, Merry Christmas and gave him a big smile - can you imagine the feeling inside me?!! Ha hahahaha... I felt like a Saint and yet I knew I shocked him (or made him more angry, hahaha)!

Well, that's life... beign sad or depress is something you bring upon yourself, you ahve to decide to be happy... I recently watched a show on Astro AOD - the character of the show is "Ho Choy Mooi" (or Lucky Girl)... she keeps a smile, or tries to at least even at the saddest or difficult moments of her life, her motto (in chinese) - "Siew Hau Seong Hoi, Ho Choy Ji Yin Loi", Always have a smile, the good will come in a while...

I hold these few Bible verses very dear in my life... whenever I am down, or sad, or disappointed, I always remind myself with them :

- All things work for good for those who loves God (Rom 8:28)
- Seek first the Kingdom of God, and all things will be added to you (Matt 6:33)
- A merry heart does good like a medicine (Prov 17:22)
- Cast your cares on Him, for He cares for you (1 Pet 5:7)
- In everything, give thanks... (1 Thess 5:18)
- etc

So whenever you are pressured, depress or sad, hei... think of the good things, go find your space, or maybe listen to some worship songs... you will find your peace!

There is no problems too big, God cannot solve it
There is no mountains too tall, He cannot move it
There is no storm too dark, God cannot calm it
There is no sorrow too deep, He cannot soothe it


Sky signing off...
With a smile, of course!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home